1) When the parents of a man or woman haven’t voted in their lifetimes, then their child is not as likely to vote than they would be if he or she had been brought up in a household where the parents always vote.
Children with parents who have not voted in their lifetimes are unlikely to vote themselves.
2) If your parents or the head of the household in which you were raised are voters, you are far more likely to vote.
Children with parents or guardians who vote are far more likely to vote themselves.
3) As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed.
Those convicted of capital crimes they did not commit often spend the rest of their lives in death row.
4) Harvard is considered to be as difficult to get into if not more difficult as Yale.
Harvard is at least as difficult to get into as Yale.
5) Admissions officers are more likely to admit students who look like the majority of the student body even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
Admissions officers are prejudiced against minorities of the student body.
6) My parole officer is one of those kinds of people where if I don’t show up for an appointment he always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
When I don’t show up for an appointment, my parole officer always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
7) The only kind of person who won’t buy this car is the kind that doesn’t understand that the car costs more to buy but that the savings in gas will make up for the higher cost in less than a year.
Some expensive cars are worth buying because the savings in gas will make up for the cost in less than a year.
8) There is a tendency among children who have suffered from being abused when they were young to be more likely to abuse their own children when they have them later in life.
Parents who were abused as children are more likely to abuse their own children.
9) By getting better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only, cars that can switch from gas to electric when conditions permit it have been created to help drivers save money.
Electric cars help drivers save money because they have better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only.
10) With their ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, drivers shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
Because of their ability to run on gas or electricity, customers can decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
11) Who wouldn’t prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit?
Driving a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit is the best decision.