1) When the parents of a man or woman haven’t voted in their lifetimes, then their child is not as likely to vote than they would be if he or she had been brought up in a household where the parents always vote.
Parents who have never voted in their lifetimes influence their children, who then in turn are less likely to vote than those brought up in voting households.
2) If your parents or the head of the household in which you were raised are voters, you are far more likely to vote.
You are far more likely to vote if your parents or whoever raised you are voters.
3) As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed.
Residents of death row often spend the rest of there lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed, as genetic testing has demonstrated.
4) Harvard is considered to be as difficult to get into if not more difficult as Yale.
Harvard is just as difficult, if not more difficult to get into as Yale.
5) Admissions officers are more likely to admit students who look like the majority of the student body even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
Admissions officers don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways, but they are more likely to accept students who look like the majority.
6) My parole officer is one of those kinds of people where if I don’t show up for an appointment he always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
Parole officer always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole when I don’t show up for an appointment.
7) The only kind of person who won’t buy this car is the kind that doesn’t understand that the car costs more to buy but that the savings in gas will make up for the higher cost in less than a year.
People are unaware of the savings in gas that will outweigh the high price of the car.
8) There is a tendency among children who have suffered from being abused when they were young to be more likely to abuse their own children when they have them later in life.
Children who have been abused when they were young are more likely to abuse their children when they have them later in life.
9) By getting better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only, cars that can switch from gas to electric when conditions permit it have been created to help drivers save money.
Cars that can switch from gas to electric help drivers save money by getting better gas mileage.
10) With their ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, drivers shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
Drivers must decide between hybrids, which have the ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, and cars with conventional engines.
11) Who wouldn’t prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit?
Some people would prefer the option to switch from gasoline to electricity, when conditions permit.