An excerpt from the Agenda for Class 01: TUE SEP 03
10. First Homework Assignment:
DUE before class, THU SEP 05
- Study the “Letter to the Editor Workshop”
- —Link to “LTE Workshop2019″
- When you have an idea what components comprise a good Letter to the Editor, read the sample from the New York Times issue of September 01.
- In 1000 words or less, critique the Letter on the basis of how many of the 10 Essential Components the letter includes, and how well it uses those components to make a persuasive case.
NOTES ABOUT POSTING THAT HOMEWORK
- If you haven’t received or confirmed your invitation to the blog, you can’t post your homework. A checklist of steps to take to join the blog are contained in your professor’s post AT THE TOP OF THE BLOG (ironically).
- When you’re logged in to the blog, you’ll find the WRITE icon in the upper-right corner, which will launch the Word Processing space I showed you in class.
- In the Title space, type this, substituting your actual username:
- Before you Publish, open the Categories menu in the right sidebar and find the category LTE Homework under Assignments. Click that box.
- Then publish.
I’m sorry this seems so complicated, but the long-term benefits are many.
Most students at the end of the semester cite “using a blog for class work” as their favorite part of the course.
Good luck, I’ll be here to catch you if you stumble.