Why is there no such thing as an empty bottle of Scotch?
- To earn a Participation grade for today’s class, you’ll need to take notes in the form of a Reply to this page.
- Notes will be graded 1, 2, or 3 and points earned for them will accumulate to the end of the semester, then curved to produce a Participation grade amounting to 5% of your total grade.
- BAD NOTE: “We talked about Letters to the Editor.”
- GOOD NOTE: “We discussed that letters to the editor have similarities to other essays.”
- VERY GOOD NOTE: “Like all essays, Letters to the Editor express a point of view and use evidence and rhetoric to prove a thesis.”
- Show the Users list and outstanding Invitations
- Review the use of categories for posts
- Reminder about Agendas and the Menu structure
Day One leftovers
- Conversational give-and-take with 800am class
- Name Card photos with 930am class
- Link to Letter to the Editor
- Review the assignment and its relevance to the Portfolio
- Demonstrate hyperlink technique for posts
Subject Matter Activity
- Examine sample Letters to the Editor from the New York Times.
- Work with partners to find 10 Essential Components