1) When the parents of a man or woman haven’t voted in their lifetimes, then their child is not as likely to vote than they would be if he or she had been brought up in a household where the parents always vote.
Children of voters are more likely to vote than children of those who do not vote.
2) If your parents or the head of the household in which you were raised are voters, you are far more likely to vote.
You are more likely to vote if your parent or head of the household are voters.
3) As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed.
Residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may not have committed, as genetic testing has demonstrated many times.
4) Harvard is considered to be as difficult to get into if not more difficult as Yale.
While Yale is difficult to get into, Harvard is considered to be just as difficult, if not more difficult, to get into.
5) Admissions officers are more likely to admit students who look like the majority of the student body even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
Admissions officers are prejudiced in the demographic of their applicants, even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
6) My parole officer is one of those kinds of people where if I don’t show up for an appointment he always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
If I don’t show up for an appointment, my parole officer suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
7) The only kind of person who won’t buy this car is the kind that doesn’t understand that the car costs more to buy but that the savings in gas will make up for the higher cost in less than a year.
This car, though it costs more, will allow drivers to save money from gas costs in less than a year.
8) There is a tendency among children who have suffered from being abused when they were young to be more likely to abuse their own children when they have them later in life.
Children who suffered abuse in their youth are more likely to abuse their own children.
9) By getting better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only, cars that can switch from gas to electric when conditions permit it have been created to help drivers save money.
Hybrid cars help drivers save more money by switching from gas to electric when conditions permit.
10) With their ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, drivers shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
Car shoppers have difficulty choosing between conventional and hybrid cars.
11) Who wouldn’t prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit?
Most people prefer a car that can switch from gas to electric.