1) When the parents of a man or woman haven’t voted in their lifetimes, then their child is not as likely to vote than they would be if he or she had been brought up in a household where the parents always vote.
- Children of parents who have never voted in their lifetimes are less likely to vote than those brought up in voting households.
2) If your parents or the head of the household in which you were raised are voters, you are far more likely to vote.
- You are more likely to vote if you were raised in a voting household.
3) As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed.
- As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they have not committed.
4) Harvard is considered to be as difficult to get into if not more difficult as Yale.
- Harvard is considered to be as difficult, if not more difficult, as Yale to get into.
5) Admissions officers are more likely to admit students who look like the majority of the student body even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
- Though admissions officers don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways, they’re more likely to admit students who look like the majority.
6) My parole officer is one of those kinds of people where if I don’t show up for an appointment he always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
- Parole officers suspects me of violating the terms of my parole when I don’t show up for an appointment.
7) The only kind of person who won’t buy this car is the kind that doesn’t understand that the car costs more to buy but that the savings in gas will make up for the higher cost in less than a year.
- People who don’t buy the car are unaware of the savings in gas that will outweigh the high price.
8) There is a tendency among children who have suffered from being abused when they were young to be more likely to abuse their own children when they have them later in life.
- Parents who were abused are more likely to abuse their children.
9) By getting better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only, cars that can switch from gas to electric when conditions permit it have been created to help drivers save money.
- Cars that switch to electric from gas save drivers money and has better mileage.
10) With their ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, drivers shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
- Depending on traffic conditions, drivers had to decide between hybrids and conventional engines.
11) Who wouldn’t prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit?
- People should drive cars that are able to switch from gasoline to electric.