Task: Peer Review of First Drafts
This task was assigned on the Agenda for Class 11: TUE OCT 08
Link back for more details.
- After you’ve tagged your three pieces and we have a chance to see which drew them most attention, we’ll return to the posts for peer review and analysis.
- Critique each of the three posts you’ve tagged.
- Be polite but blunt. Lavish praise where it is warranted and critique where criticism is needed.
- On Target:
- You may critique the argument for logic, relevance, and persuasiveness.
- You may critique the rhetoric and style for effectiveness or ineffectiveness.
- You may critique the organization and the sequencing of claims.
- Off Target:
- “Too little evidence” is NEVER an appropriate critique. Editorials don’t have room to contain their evidence.
- You may not critique the author’s opinions, personality, maturity, or fitness to be an editorial writer.
- In other words, no ad hominem attacks. Stick to critiquing the work.
- DEADLINE: If you attended today’s class but did not finish your critiques, you have until THU OCT 10 at class time to complete the task.
- DEADLINE: If you were absent for today’s class, you have until THU OCT 10 at class time to complete the task.