1) When the parents of a man or woman haven’t voted in their lifetimes, then their child is not as likely to vote than they would be if he or she had been brought up in a household where the parents always vote.
- Kids will follow their parents. If parents don’t vote, Kids won’t as well.
2) If your parents or the head of the household in which you were raised are voters, you are far more likely to vote.
- You are far more likely to vote when your parents or the head of the household were raised are voters.
3) As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed.
- DNA testing has been show us that death row prisoners spend the rest of their lives in cells for crimes they did not commit.
4) Harvard is considered to be as difficult to get into if not more difficult as Yale.
- It is difficult to get into Harvard as Yale.
5) Admissions officers are more likely to admit students who look like the majority of the student body even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
- Admissions officers don’t appear to be prejudice, but Admissions officers are more to admit students who look like the majority of the student body.
6) My parole officer is one of those kinds of people where if I don’t show up for an appointment he always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
- My parole officer assumes that when I don’t show up for an appointment, I’m doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
7) The only kind of person who won’t buy this car is the kind that doesn’t understand that the car costs more to buy but that the savings in gas will make up for the higher cost in less than a year.
- The only person who wouldn’t buy this car, doesn’t understand that they savings in gas will make up for the higher cost of the car in less than a year.
8) There is a tendency among children who have suffered from being abused when they were young to be more likely to abuse their own children when they have them later in life.
- Parents who were abused as children are more likely to abuse their own children in the future.
9) By getting better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only, cars that can switch from gas to electric when conditions permit it have been created to help drivers save money.
- Electric car is much save money then regular car using only gasoline.
10) With their ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, drivers shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
- When people shopping for cars, they have to decide between cars with electric or conventional engines.
11) Who wouldn’t prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit?
- People prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electric.
Many of these sentences do not comply with standard English grammar, but they fail in ways that can be explained as “new language acquisition” errors.
Hey, Ahn, I have produced a page of Models and Solutions for this exercise under the Models menu at the top of the blog.