1) When the parents of a man or woman haven’t voted in their lifetimes, then their child is not as likely to vote than they would be if he or she had been brought up in a household where the parents always vote.
-Children whose parents do not vote are less likely to vote as well.
2) If your parents or the head of the household in which you were raised are voters, you are far more likely to vote.
-Children are far more likely to vote if their parents are voters.
3) As genetic testing has demonstrated many times, residents of death row often spend the rest of their lives there for crimes they may or may not have committed.
-Genetic testing has proven that residents spend their lives on death row for a crime they haven’t committed.
4) Harvard is considered to be as difficult to get into if not more difficult as Yale.
-Harvard is considered more difficult to get into than Yale.
5) Admissions officers are more likely to admit students who look like the majority of the student body even when they don’t appear to be prejudiced in other ways.
-Admissions officers are more likely to admit students of the majority.
6) My parole officer is one of those kinds of people where if I don’t show up for an appointment he always suspects me of doing something that violates the terms of my parole.
-My parole officer suspects I have violated parole when I don’t show up for an appointment.
7) The only kind of person who won’t buy this car is the kind that doesn’t understand that the car costs more to buy but that the savings in gas will make up for the higher cost in less than a year.
-Gas will make up for the higher cost of the car in less than a year.
8) There is a tendency among children who have suffered from being abused when they were young to be more likely to abuse their own children when they have them later in life.
-Adults who suffered abuse as children are more likely to abuse their own children.
9) By getting better mileage than cars that run on gasoline only, cars that can switch from gas to electric when conditions permit it have been created to help drivers save money.
-Cars that can switch from gas to electric can help drivers safe money.
10) With their ability to run on gas or electricity depending on traffic conditions, drivers shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
-Drivers when shopping for a new car have to decide between hybrids and cars with conventional engines.
11) Who wouldn’t prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity when conditions permit?
-Drivers prefer to drive a car that can switch from gasoline to electricity.